MadeGood® with people in mind
We believe the choices we make affect the people around us. Positive choices have the power to inspire goodness in others and we like to lead by example. We value and respect the relationships we have with our employees and customers and like to leave the communities we work with better than we found them. You can learn more about us at www.madegoodfoods.com.
Fresh, innovative, positive, forward thinking. MadeGood® is a young Canadian company manufacturing award winning, organic, allergen free snack foods. Our brand is growing fast and now we’re ready to take on Seattle. We’re looking for a Brand Ambassador to represent MadeGood® in North of Seattle on a part time basis.
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, your role will be to support the development of distribution and sales of MadeGood® branded products in North Seattle. The role combines field sales and sales support activities as well as overseeing, executing and tracking local promotional and consumer marketing programs.
The Brand Ambassador will build and maintain relationships with retail customer accounts; manage field sales activities, support sales initiatives, and, actively support and execute in-store promotional and merchandising campaigns. As the Brand Ambassador, you will knock on doors, check on MadeGood® representation in-store; participate in sales demos and trade shows; and support/coordinate with consumer show marketing teams.
- Exhibit and protect Company core values
- Understand and communicate MadeGood® brand message to existing and future accounts
- Develop and foster relationships with new and existing accounts, ideally with senior decision makers at each location
- Ensure all products are featured and displayed as agreed/expected in-store (facings, pricing, display); check on SKU’s and facilitate reorders if required
- Support in-store promotions; follow up/negotiate space for POS & promotional items
- Develop, execute and maintain market development and merchandising initiatives
- Actively upsell MadeGood® products to existing customers, actively support the regional sales plan as directed
- Develop leads, cold call/warm calling with retailers
- Provide samples, product information and/or demos and training for store staff as required
- Collect information and provide feedback on local marketplace (competitor activity, distribution issues, pricing)
- Complete sales administrative duties (update CRM, submit sales reports and report on trade spend activities)
- Actively participate in promotions and events in your territory (including evenings and weekends)
- Organize MadeGood® participation at consumer shows across the three provinces
- Represent MadeGood® and manage/coordinate demo and marketing teams at consumer shows
- Facilitate, coordinate with and support local marketing teams at local charitable events, in store demos, etc. (ensure they have sufficient product, assist with marketing materials, and booth setup)
- Manage your own inventory of MadeGood® product (for samples, demos, shows, etc.)
- Be flexible to support a big sales push or act as back up for other territory reps or to support any other activity to build brand awareness
- Participate in weekly/monthly conference call/sales team meetings
- Maintain an active social media presence to promote the brand
What we offer
The ideal candidate for this role is a self-motivated, extroverted, high energy, creative individual with a get it done attitude who works well independently as part of a remote team. You need to be able to communicate with people at all levels, from executives to store managers to floor personnel and with consumers. You must have strong familiarity of the territory you represent (geography & market), be able to do overnight travel, and be available to work evenings & weekends from time to time. You will need a well-functioning home office, regular access to a computer and internet service, and a clean, reliable vehicle or access to public transit.
- Degree or diploma in Sales, Marketing or a related field (or equivalent education and experience)
- Prior experience in a field role representing a brand/product; representing a consumer product preferred; experience selling to Natural/Independents preferred
- Demonstrated ability to independently generate sales
- Strong event planning and management experience required
- Extroverted, outgoing personality; high energy with exceptional relationship building and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Self-motivated, imaginative/creative, with a high level of initiative, flexibility and tenacity; strong sense of urgency
- Excellent planning, organizing, multitasking and time management skills
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; strong numeracy skills
- Tech savvy – have strong technical (hardware/software/apps) skills and understand how to use tech skills for sales purposes
Ready to Apply?
If you have a commitment to excellent customer service, have a desire to work for a great company, and have the experience we need, please send your resume to email@example.com or apply through Indeed.
MadeGood® is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to volume, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.